Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: AG "Collectors" Club

  1. #1
    Inactive Member only1genevieve's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was reading the posts about the AG Club, and how it doesn't work for adults (unless they want to pretend to be kids. One idea I really like was the idea mentioned for making a new club oriented more towards the collecting club. Not "adult exclusive," but aimed at an older audience, with more focus on historical details and the collecting.

    If AG did this, what features would you want? I'd like to see exclusive historical outfits (along with the cute club AGOT outfits [img]wink.gif[/img] ). I would also love features such as photo contests (organized along themes) and even an American Girl convention.

    Actually, an AG convention is something we can do on our own, isn't it? I wonder how hard it would be to set up, and if anyone would show up...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would definitely show up for an AG convention! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd show up also, depending on where it was! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Im not that far from Ag headquarters in Middleton!

  4. #4
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    I'd show up if I could find a way! And a collector's club would be fun! I would like to see historical crafts that we could make.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 28th, 2005
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I LOVE this idea!!! I would definitaly be interested. Im in my teen years, so I don't qualify for the adult part of the description, but am just as into collecting as you guys!!! Keep me posted!! I also think an ebbay watching lit or sticky would be good. Then otheres can pick up on great deals that someone like me would have missed!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Bean Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Melissa:
    I?d most enjoy a club exclusively about the historical characters. It would be interesting to know what types of things would have happened to them later on in life. This type of club would be great for girls and women interested in the historical and educational aspects of American Girl, which is what the company was founded on.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">When I was a kid, I realized that Kirsten was alive during Addy's books, but she was likely much older (probably married). I always wondered what she was doing while Addy's books happened. It made me happy to think she was helping other slaves (even though that'd be hard to do in Minnesoda.)

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would like to see a club focused on the historical dolls for those above the target age.
    If there is a fee it could cover information about craft projects and dress patterns. They could give us previews of historical items and ask us for feedback about future products.
    We have the credit cards- It is time that AG remembers us.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Pat B:
    If there is a fee it could cover information about craft projects and dress patterns. They could give us previews of historical items and ask us for feedback about future products.
    We have the credit cards- It is time that AG remembers us.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here! Here!!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member ckaterkatie's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2005
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OOOOH - an AG convention. I like that idea - plus the thought of all of us together under one roof - I giggle thinking of it. What a hoot it would be! I consider joining the AG club for access to club only outfits - but it would be nice to have a collectors club. And, I like all the ideas. Sure would be nice if they take some of our input into consideration. Especially those of us who have "grown up" with AG and can remember getting that first catalog.

    Anyone from AG read these posts???

  10. #10
    Inactive Member littlekitty81's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2005
    Posts
    133
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Bean Bunny:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Melissa:
    I?d most enjoy a club exclusively about the historical characters. It would be interesting to know what types of things would have happened to them later on in life. This type of club would be great for girls and women interested in the historical and educational aspects of American Girl, which is what the company was founded on.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">When I was a kid, I realized that Kirsten was alive during Addy's books, but she was likely much older (probably married). I always wondered what she was doing while Addy's books happened. It made me happy to think she was helping other slaves (even though that'd be hard to do in Minnesoda.)</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was just thinking about this last night!I was imagining what each girl was doing during other girls stories.As for an AG convention I'd defintly go if I could find a way there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •